Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a spin-off from the Bitcoin blockchain that arose as a result of a so-called hard fork on August 1, 2017 . The cryptocurrency achieved widespread use immediately after the hard fork.
Because: Every Bitcoin owner was instantly entitled to as much Bitcoin Cash as he owned Bitcoin . The background to the split was a dispute in the Bitcoin community over the size of the blocks. Bitcoin had gotten old, investors wanted returns.
Buy Bitcoin Cash: What should you look out for in order to buy Bitcoin Cash cheaply & safely?
You should pay attention to this if you want to buy Bitcoin Cash so that nothing goes wrong:
- Where is the best place to buy Bitcoin Cash? We recommend eToro , our test winner broker.
- Do I want to hold or daytrad Bitcoin Cash for the long term? That depends on your own strategy.
- How does a Bitcoin Cash Wallet work? Very easy via eToros crypto wallet
- Is it worth investing in Bitcoin Cash? Bitcoin Cash is very interesting and has good prospects.
Your capital is at risk.
Where to buy cheap Bitcoin Cash? Our broker and exchange comparison – buy Bitcoin Cash with the lowest fees:
Bitcoin Cash is available for purchase on various crypto exchanges . It is possible to buy Bitcoin Cash with a credit card or SEPA transfer. In the following sections, we will introduce you to various ways you can get your first own BCH.
Below are the best options. Whether BCH can be bought directly or indirectly depends on the platform in question. Click on one of the providers if you want to receive more information about the platform.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash with Euros in Germany? Buy Bitcoin Cash Guide for Beginners with eToro:
Buy Bitcoin Cash: Numerous exchanges offer trading and shopping options for the crypto currency Bitcoin Cash . So that you can find a suitable broker or exchange, we will show you below where you can purchase Bitcoin Cash easily and at favorable conditions.
Do you want to buy Bitcoin Cash with PayPal or Sofortüberweisung? Or do you want to buy Bitcoin Cash with a credit card? Almost all deposit methods are possible with our test winner eToro . We'll walk you through the process step by step.
First step: Registration with a broker or a crypto exchange
First, you register with a broker or crypto exchange of your choice.
For our example we have chosen eToro because we can buy real Bitcoin Cash to hold as well as Bitcoin Cash CFDs to speculate here .
First, click on the link to register for eToro:TO THE ETORO REGISTRATION FORM
We fill out the registration form, accept the terms and conditions and click on ” Trade now “. You will then receive the activation link by email.
With a click on the link you activate your Etoro account. He is now available to you.
Second step: top up your account
After the successful activation of your profile you have to make your deposit in order to buy Bitcoin Cash. To do this, click on the “Deposit money” button on eToro:
Then you select the amount and the method of payment with which you want to deposit, and then click on the “Send” button. Now you can start trading!
Buy Bitcoin Cash with PayPal, Sofortüberweisung and more
In our example we show the purchase with a credit card. eToro also offers other deposit options :
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with a credit card||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with PayPal||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with SOFORT Überweisung||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with Rapid Transfer||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with Skrill||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with bank transfer||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with Neteller||✔️|
|Buy Bitcoin Cash with UnionPay||✔️|
Third step: Buy Bitcoin Cash online with euros
Now we can buy Bitcoin Cash. To do this, click on the search above and enter “Bitcoin Cash” there.
Then we click on the “Trade” button :
The purchase window then opens. Here you have the following options:
- Buy or sell : In our case, we have to select “Buy”
- Trade or orders : Here we can choose whether we want to execute the trade immediately (trade) or with a delay (order).
- Amount : How much Bitcoin Cash we want to buy
- Stop Loss and Take Profit : At what loss or profit our position should be automatically sold.
- Leverage : With what leverage we want to buy Bitcoin Cash. With lever X1 we buy real Bitcoin Cash , with lever X2 we buy leveraged Bitcoin Cash CFDs .
After you have configured all options, click on the ” Open Trade ” button to complete the purchase.
Then we have the Bitcoin Cash in our portfolio, the purchase is complete!TO REGISTER WITH ETORO
Should you buy Bitcoin Cash or not? Our reasons for buying!
Before you invest in an altcoin, you should do your research well. Experienced investors pay attention to a variety of indicators: How resilient is the whitepaper of a coin? How convincing is the business model? Is it an inflationary or a deflationary currency?
Do the developers have enough experience to run a company? Which partner has a currency and how relevant are these partners from the point of view of the declared business model? Is the currency often in the news, and if so, in what context?
These are all questions that can help you determine whether an investment is worthwhile or not.
With regard to Bitcoin Cash, the current reports and hard forks are of particular importance. The spin-off of Bitcoin SV and Bitcoin ABC may have permanently damaged Bitcoin Cash . Because the hard fork was only a relatively short time ago when our instructions were created, it is still too early to make a final assessment here.
History of Bitcoin Cash
Since the Bitcoin blocks are only 1 megabyte in size, Bitcoin has a scaling problem . No wonder: Bitcoin is a proud 10 years old.
He runs out of breath at 15 transactions per second , and inquiries are constantly increasing. And so it comes to a traffic jam. Transactions run more slowly and at a higher cost.
Bitcoin Cash was created at the urging of investors such as Roger Keith Ver: BCH first changed the block size to 8 megabytes, and then even to 32.
That is why transactions with Bitcoin Cash are not only much faster than with Bitcoin, they also bring in a lot more for the miners : because miners are rewarded for every transaction.
In the past, parts of the Bitcoin community had tried to split the Bitcoin blockchain using a hard fork, but without success. Bitcoin Cash succeeded where they failed.
But there is also disagreement in the Bitcoin Cash community. As a result there are more hard forks. In the last one, in November 2018, the Altcoins Bitcoin SV (BCHSV) and Bitcoin ABC (BCHABC) were created . Bitcoin Cash then lost volume.
Use as a means of payment
Bitcoin Cash, like Bitcoin, is a pure means of payment and as such has to prove itself over the long term against a number of strong competitors , especially against Bitcoin. Last but not least, also against Bitcoin SV and Bitcoin ABC.
The fact that Bitcoin Cash is more scalable than Bitcoin benefits the valuation of the cryptocurrency. However, with the Lightening Network, Bitcoin only recently established a transaction method that largely eliminates the scalability problem.
In the short term, an investment in Bitcoin Cash can be worthwhile if the market as a whole stabilizes and gains momentum again. BCH would probably benefit from this.
First, however, it has to be shown what effects the hard fork and the resulting competing currencies Bitcoin SV and Bitcoin ABC have on investor confidence and thus the prices of Bitcoin Cash. Un indirectly to the Hard Fork courses of Bitcoin Cash decreased significantly.
Bitcoin Cash is a very risky investment at this point in time , which we would therefore advise against. On the other hand, CFD trading with eToro can be worthwhile if you successfully bet on the correct course.
Buy or Sell Bitcoin Cash? Our advantages and disadvantages analysis:
- Higher scalability than Bitcoin
- Deflationary Currency
- Lots of very strong competitors
- Problems in the community
- Not stabilized again after the last hard fork
Fees comparison when buying Bitcoin Cash:
To compare the fees when buying Bitcoin Cash, let's take this example:
- We buy Bitcoin Cash worth € 1,000
- We want to hold Bitcoin Cash for a month and then sell it again
- We assume that the course will not change in the 30 days
Here are the fees for the largest crypto exchanges and brokers:
|Deposit||for free||3.99%||for free|
|Purchase fees||1.9%||1.49%||3.08% *|
|Holding fees||for free||for free||0.05% *|
|Sales charges||1.9%||1.49%||3.08% *|
|Payout||5 USD||$ 0.15||1.9%|
|Total fees||€ 42.20||€ 68.24||€ 92.32|
* The Plus500 fees are based on the current market situation in terms of volatility and liquidity. The fees can be significantly lower or higher . The selected value corresponds to the value when the graph was created and may not correspond to the current values. The current fees can be viewed directly at Plus500 . The values ”Spread” (purchase / sale fees) and “Overnight financing – sale” (holding fees) are important here.
Bitcoin Cash course: Important moments in the Bitcoin Cash course
We show the most important moments in the past of the Bitcoin Cash Coin:
- 2017 : Bitcoin Cash has its hard fork and is traded on an exchange for € 379 for the first time, whereupon the price rose to € 612 after a small correction.
- December 2017: On December 21 , 2017 , Bitcoin Cash reached its all-time high of € 3,297 during the crypto bull run.
- May 2018: Bitcoin Cash tries to recover from a price slump when the bubble burst and rises briefly by 200%, but immediately falls again.
- December 2018: Bitcoin Cash hits its all-time low of € 70 during the crypto “winter”.
- June 2019: Bitcoin Cash rises to € 422 per coin in summer 2019, but drops again immediately.
- February 2020: During the Corona epidemic, Bitcoin Cash reached a new low (€ 155 per coin) after the coin rose to € 437 in February.
- August 2020: In the current Bull Run, Bitcoin Cash stands at € 248 per coin.
Trade Bitcoin Cash with or without a wallet?
In general, a wallet is always the safest place to keep your investments. If your coins and tokens are instead on an exchange, you can lose access to them – for example, if the exchange has to file for bankruptcy unexpectedly.
Using a wallet is not necessarily more complicated than using the common stock exchange platforms. A wallet is therefore recommended in any case. However, the use of a wallet is not mandatory for trading with Bitcoin Cash.
If you are fearless, you can simply keep your BCH on the account of one of your crypto exchanges, provided that the exchange supports this. At Coinbase , for example, this is possible.
Most wallets are not only available for Windows, but also for Android and iOS. The particularly secure hardware wallets from TREZOR and Ledger can be a good addition to increase your security. Click here to compare the best Bitcoin Cash wallets
Buy BCH: the bottom line
Bitcoin Cash is the result of a dispute in the Bitcoin community. By splitting off from the Bitcoin network, Bitcoin Cash was created in a hard fork in 2017. Since then, the Bitcoin Cash community has not been able to calm down.
Only recently there was another hard fork, as a result of which Bitcoin Cash lost considerable value and the crypto currencies Bitcoin SV and Bitcoin ABC emerged. Bitcoin Cash has to assert itself against a multitude of strong competitors. Investing in Bitcoin Cash is undoubtedly worth considering for risk-averse investors.